Wednesday 11 February 2009

My Galbi Jim


Valentines is a coming and this recipe is special to me as it was my first date with my boyfriend 2 years ago. I consider it the Korean version of Irish stew.
Galbi Jim
Beef You should use beef short ribs I used stewing stake.
Carrots
Potatoes
Green peppers
Onion
Mushroom Shiitake
Soy sauce
Black pepper
corn syrup Mool Yut You can use honey
Sugar
Garlic
Ginger
Sesame oil
White wine vinegar or apple vinegar
you can also add chestnuts
To cook I cut up the beef added the garlic and ginger. Added a splash of corn syrup ( 3 tablespoons), pinch of sugar, a large dash of soy sauce, a dash of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and lots of black pepper. I brown the meat on a medium low heat for about 45 minutes then add the carrots and potatoes till cooked. I added the onion, mushrooms and peppers 10 minutes before the end.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP