Wednesday 17 December 2008

Shepherds Pie/Cottage pie

Shepherds Pie






I am a little home sick these day so I make some home everyday food to try and make it easier. In Korea I have to use ground beef at home I would use lamb.
I sauteed carrots, mushrooms, onions, celery in butter. I add the beef and brown it . Then I add a beef stock cube (you can use Sogogi Dashida (소고기 다시다)) Some thyme, Fresh rosemary and a little sage . After about 10 minutes on medium heat I add a little corn starch to thicken it (at home I would use some bisto I cant help it. Its an Irish thing. More about Bisto here). For the potatoes I boil them first them mash them to make great mash I use cream ,butter and just a little salt. On a usual night I use milk instead of cream.
Then You should put the potatoes on the meat and put in a preheated oven at 210c. Dab the potatoes with a fork to make nice and crunchy .
cook for 20 mins

(other things you may use Worcestershire sauce, red wine if your really not traditional garlic)

1 comments:

jw 17 December 2008 at 12:13  

Hey there.

I just surfed on in and discovered your blog. It all looks both interesting AND yummy! ... Good writing and pictures too.

I wasn't completely sure that there would be much to write about on food in Suncheon, so it's impressive to see the consistent history you've built up already.

Well done!

As for being homesick, I completely understand. I've been in country for a number of years, and still get that feeling from time to time. Missing favourite comfort food is hard too, huh?

Not that I ever ate them a lot just before I came up to Korea, but I still miss easy access to fish'n'chips. I did regularly enjoy great cheap Malaysian curries, fallefel kebabs, and high-quality local microbrewry products.

... Ah well. All something more to look forward to when headed home sometime soonish.

Hang in there! Enjoy the change of scene while you're living in it. And the challenge of being where you have to be creative to make food like you like it.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP