Tuesday 16 December 2008

Ginger and Five Spice Pork


This was a mid week trow together. I used up the pineapple in my fridge. A small carrot and some mushrooms . I brought some cheap pork and marinated it in some soy sauce some five spice and ginger. Put everything in to a roasting dish and put it in the oven at 180 for an hour. then put it up to 240 for 30 min . I finished it by thickening the sweet sauce with some corn starch and I like a kick so I added some pickled jalapenos.

Five spice Powder
Called Five spice because the five elements involved
Wood, fire, water, earth, metal and water.
Here is how to make it
3pieces of star Anise
20 cloves
3inches of cinnamon
1 tbs of szechwan peppers
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tea of white pepper.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP