Wednesday 12 November 2008

Suncheon cooking night ... Lasagna.

Lasagna

For this you will need
Tomatoes fresh or canned , onion, peppers, mushrooms,Beef and pork (ground )
garlic, basil, black pepper balsamic vinegar,oregano, Parsley, rosemary, bacon and bacon fat.
Lasagna noodles ,
Cheese sauce
milk, cheese , nutmeg, flour and butter
I know American Like Ricotta in their Lasagna you can make this in Korea. Its not to difficult check out here . I am pretty sure my mother only put cheese on the top and the White sauce was just that a flour butter milk sauce. So make your tomato sauce add you meat. Make you "WHITE SAUCE "add your cheese . Layer it tomato meat, noodle, white cheese sauce, meat, noodle, till you have you dish full, finish with white cheese sauce on the top. Cook at 210 for 20mins or till the noodles are soft.
I like lasagna best the next day.
To go with this I made some Garlic bread.
I just got a baguette from the bakers . Cut slices into it and filled with garlic parsley butter. Wrap in foil and place in the oven . This garlic bread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (with no sugar Koreans like sugar on their garlic bread)
Another very enjoyable Suncheon cooking night.

2 comments:

Rob 12 November 2008 at 23:19  

Agreed. Lasagna tastes great fresh, but it definitely tastes best the next day. That's why I always make LOTS so I can have leftovers!!

Anonymous,  15 November 2008 at 16:18  

I love making lasagna, and using the non-cook noodles helps make it easier. I make a whole pan because my hubby is lactose intolerant and son doesn't like "mixed-foods". I divide it into portions and eat it on for a week. With fresh garlic bread! Vikki www.food-self-sufficiency.blogspot.com

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP